Over 200 League members, legislators and guests gathered on May 24 at the Renaissance Hotel in Berkeley to install new officers and board members and to celebrate the League’s 100th anniversary.
The new officers and board members are:
- President – Mayor Norm McCourt of Black Jack
- Vice President – Councilmember Ruth Springer of Olivette
- Finance Chairman – Mayor James Knowles of Ferguson
- Board Members – Alderwoman Michelle Harris of Clayton
- Board Member – Alderwoman Cara Spencer of St. Louis
Two awards were presented. The first ever Friend of Local Government Award went to State Senator Gina Walsh and the annual Buzz Westfall Award for Excellence in Local Government was presented to former County Executive Charlie Dooley. Charlie is a former Mayor of Northwoods and served as League President in 1994-95.
We were also pleased to welcome Clarence Anthony, the Executive Director of the National League of Cities as keynote speaker. He congratulated League members on the 100th anniversary and urged local leaders to continue to strive for excellence in serving constituents. He stressed that public policy makes a difference in our communities.